Skip to content
Also known as Vampire Facial or Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) .
- Therapy is a nonsurgical skin rejuvenation procedure which offers restoration of the shape, improved tone and texture and acne scar.
- It is a procedure that has been used for wrinkles, scars, sun damage and dark circles under their eyes.
- PRP is a natural product created from your own body. A small amount of blood is drawn and placed in a sterile tube containing a specific anticoagulant and centrifuge to separate the different components of the blood. Red and white blood cells are divided from the platelets and the plasma (the clear fluid). This plasma now contains a higher than normal number of platelets and is called ‘platelet rich plasma’, or PRP.
- The treatment is relatively safe and it works. It uses plasma taken from the patient’s own blood .
- The principle is to create a supra-therapeutic levels of subject’s own platelets, nearly 3-5 times above baseline values, allowing the growth factors to be released and stimulate the normal wound healing process, similar to the way the skin heals after a scrape.